Varnish are steeped in the influence of dark, jangled pop via post-punk UK music that was dressed to kill and to do it fabulously, as well as "pre-punk" New York City bands that set the stage for the modern and alternative rock scenes that came next. Music where confusion becomes clarity and the extremes of human emotion are separated by a precariously thin tightrope, all backlit by a beautiful dissonance. Read on...
Each to Each EP
Songs about the hopes we cling to and the regrets that cling to us. Rooted in rain-soaked cities and dry mouths, Varnish want to stand by you when the lights go out and occasionally point out the stars. (Released 1 December, 2011, Each to Each delivers five studio tracks and three live tracks. It's what you've been waiting for, so click that cover picture now, lovelies!)
- 2013-09-23 More little updates, including new videos added to that playlist. Click straight through to them on YouTube: Insignificant Other (recorded by TBASA) and This Is Where.
- 2013-09-11 Loads of little updates, including lyrics posted for a new song we're debuting in a week and updated bassist info (welcome, Sanjeev!).
- 2013-08-18 New blog entry posted by Amber.
- 2013-08-01 Sent out the monthly newsletter. You can find links to newsletters in the Newsletter Archive. Want to see them before they hit the archive? Join our mailing list!
- 2013-07-21 New vlog posted by Amber.
- 2013-07-14 New blog entry on Amber's site.
Find old new things in the Update Log.
There should be something new to see at least every couple weeks at least, and the hope is to get a little something up every week. Be sure to check back regularly for new tasty bits! (And feel free to email the band if there's something you'd like to see added to the site or a question you'd like answered in a blog. You could inspire the next new thing.)